TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME I REGRETTED HAVING A BABY!
Life always has ups and downs. Everyday cannot be perfect like an Instagram feed or a Facebook page. But today for the first time I regretted having a baby!
I started feeling my life is going no where. All I do is feed, clean and repeat. Though I have a very helping husband this feeling just pushed me down so low.
My morning starts with preparing breakfast for my little one and then its a never ending story until she goes to bed. Today I never enjoyed what I did! Does that mean I don’t love my daughter? No that’s not the fact, post pregnancy life takes a 360 degree turn. Life moves from movies, coffee shops, shopping sprees to zoos, candy stores and play parks. When laptops, mobiles and remotes are replaced by Lego, teddy and fire engines.
When rock, pop and jazz give way to rhymes, lullabies and crazy dance. When lipsticks become crayons and crayons become wall paints. When dining rooms become war zones and bedtimes become story times is when I got to know I am no more what I was.
It’s just that day you are not you. Like everyone, even mothers can have an off day amidst all the stress. You look at yourself in the mirror and feel bad for the transformation. You think of going out but the first thought you get is “What food to pack for her?”. Unknowingly your life is just around that small human being.
I do not blame anyone for me feeling like this but it’s me who have to come back again and stand up strong. When nothing on earth can stop you from giving the best to your baby, then you are definitely capable of doing the best for yourself.
So here are few things I did which made me feel better :
- Wake up with a smile, go for a walk or do yoga or just meditation, so that you cleanse your thoughts and bounce back to the reality and do your best.
- Cook your favorite dish or order something delicious to calm those taste buds.
- Watch your favorite show or a movie.
- Just get that ‘Me time’ you deserve when the baby is asleep.
- Talk to your friends and family and share how good your day was rather than the ones which really did not go your way.
- Take some rest whenever you can.
- Most importantly do what is best for you and your little one.
At the end of the day when those little hands come and curl up your neck and gives you a tight hug, you will know every change in your life is worth it. Every sacrifice you have made counts. The little ones smile might just boost your life back to track and push you ahead a thousand times than how low you had been thinking about the past.